Midday Supervisor training (one day)
One day on-site Midday Supervisor training: £700*
Our training activities
Identify positive phrases that will encourage children to make the right choices
- Discuss the importance of responses that focus on what Supervisors want children to start doing rather than stop doing.
Identify ways to de-escalate incidents
- Help Supervisors recognise that non-judgemental and non-emotive responses will make sure children feel valued and respected, so they are more likely to make the right choice.
Identify behaviour scripts to help build positive relationships with all children.
- Explain the importance of everyone doing and saying the same thing to make sure behaviour is managed effectively.
Demonstrate what Supervisors need to do and say to improve engagement
- Identify Supervisor job responsibilities and explain that being proactive about engagement with the vast majority of children who are well behaved rather than the tiny minority who behave inappropriately will build positive relationships.
Observe lunchtime provision
- Identify change needed to create a positive behaviour culture at lunchtime in the dining room and playground.
Staff twilight to discuss the proposed changes
- Develop action plans on how to set up and implement the proposed lunchtime changes.
Will you be inviting other schools to join the training and/or will there be more than 30 Midday Supervisors attending? You may be entitled to a FREE lunchtime review and action plan to improve provision in the dining room and playground through our hosted school model.
*Excludes VAT, travel and subsistence. £700 is based on one school with up to 10 Midday Supervisors. See our pricing structure.