Lunchtime improvement programme (two days)
Two day on-site lunchtime improvement programme: £1,600*
Day 1 – one day Midday Supervisor training
- Identify behaviour expectations and the effectiveness of sanctions and rewards at lunchtime.
Promoting positive behaviour
- How to make sure children do what you ask them to do.
- Identify positive, clear and succinct ways of responding to common lunchtime incidents.
- How to deescalate lunchtime incidents and avoid getting involved in a power struggle.
Observing lunchtime provision
- Observing lunchtime both in the dining room and the playground.
Best practice advice to improve lunchtime provision
- Share evidence based best practice to help improve provision both in the dining room and the playground.
Personalised lunchtime action plan
- Develop a personalised lunchtime action plan with school leaders.
Day 2 – launch of the new lunchtime service
- Preparation of all resources for the new lunchtime improvement programme, e.g. seating plans.
- Liaise, by email and phone, with school leaders, caterers and Midday Supervisors to finalise the lunchtime action plan.
- On-site launch of the new lunchtime service including sitting assemblies for children to clarify new rules and structures.
- Monitoring the new service and meeting with Midday Supervisors and school leaders to solve any teething problems and review its effectiveness.
*Excludes VAT, travel and subsistence.